Thursday, March 15, 2012

Original Mind Zen Sangha

I am happy and excited to announce that, with the support and encouragement of my guiding teacher, Rev. Paul Lynch, as of April 1st, I will begin offering meditation and Zen services with the hopes of starting a local sangha. As you can probably already tell, I feel a close connection to the teachings of the great Chan Master Mazu. To honor that indebtedness, like the name of my blog, I have decided to name the group Original Mind Zen Sangha.

Traditionally, there are two ways of viewing Buddha nature. First, as a sentient being's potential to reach Enlightenment and become a Buddha. And second, as the inherent quality that all sentient beings possess--their true nature. Original Mind Zen Sangha, in Seung Sahn's and the Five Mountain Zen tradition, strives to help people realize the latter.

Here's a link to our page webpage. If you or anyone you know are looking for a Zen group to sit with in central New Jersey, please consider giving us a visit. We will meet in Princeton at Fellowship in Prayer on Sundays, from 7-9 p.m.

Thanks so much to my wife Jackie for her constant encouragement. And of course to Rev. Paul Lynch for his counsel, patience, and support.

Throughout all of this, I am inspired by the words of Seung Sahn: "Reach Enlightenment and then save all sentient beings." I'm working on it, Master Seung Sahn; I'm working on it. In the meantime, I will help beings any way that I can.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations my friend! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Josh. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you guys. It's great to be part of such a supportive sangha. You guys all rock!

    108 bows.

    ReplyDelete